Monday, November 21, 2005

Ganda ng Lola Mo

Cheap finds are fabulous! For my bi-monthly beauty salon routine, I decided to check out Index Salon at BF Sucat. Ay, talk about really low-priced beauty treatments. I always go for hot oil and the orgasmic and stress-relieving manicure/pedicure and foot spa. So I always figure na kung no-frills lang naman na ganitong services eh chika na ang cheaper salons.

It's always interesting to watch other clients in the salon and try to analyze them. May mga cute, pretty, sexy, maputi, makinis.. at likewise, meron ding mga uglers na feeling cute at vain (kapal!), majubis, maitim, madungis, etc. etc. God forbid, pero ang sarap mag judge eh. Heehee. I'm sure ako din jina-judge nila noh? But never. Fuckers.

Also, as I always enjoy visits to the beauty salon, I always like to put myself in the position of the salon staff. What if my job 6x a week for 9 hours was to make kuskus all the thickest callouses of the people of the world? Saya ko ba? Or what if I was the senior stylist trying to upsell the latest method of hair straightening to a client who has the world's most chemically damaged hair? Or take the shampooist who does nothing but scrub bumbumnans of all scents, shapes and sizes all day. Or what if I was the most preferred hair waxer in the salon? Kaya ko pa bang hugasan at sabunin ang kilikili at keplers ko pag uwi ng bahay? Ayoko lang makakita ng bolivia noh? Or better yet, ever eat dried pusit or sinigang sa bayabas. Eeewww.

As a result, I always end up very pitiful for these hard-working salon staff. Kaya naman binabawi ko na lang sa tip. Not naman to brag noh. It melts my heart everytime I see their faces light up after I give them my gratuity. Eh pano siguro nga dahil cheap lang ang singil ng salon, ang mga clients, may pagka cheapler din at pati mga staff eh binabarat. Kawawa naman. Eh kung ikaw nga kaya ang gumawa ng trabaho nila? Unless na lang you really have the penchant for customer service and find pure delight in scrubbing kalyos and trimming dead nails. (Oopss, beep beep disc chums!) Pero diba? A little bit of generosity naman here.

Once in a while, let's be thankful for the kind of work we got. Whether it's a job, a career, a passion.. anything.

So tomorrow, I'm all psyched up to go back to work with a brighter attitude na tipong "Yeah, I love my job!". Pero shar, on my next day off, takbo na naman ako sa parlor para magpa kulkol ng paa't kamay. Kasi I'm a slave to my job, it sucks, and I need an outlet for relaxation. Same old routine, same old stress reliever, same old temporary enlightenment of the spirit. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home